MyAuditions - Welcome!

spacer2.gif (981 bytes)

Our Vision

MyAuditions    MyAuditions Forums    MyAuditions Community Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Auditions    Montreal Assistant Timpani/Section Percussion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montreal Assistant Timpani/Section Percussion
 Login/Join 
Platinum Member
posted
The international audition for this job took place over the past 2 days. I heard that the three finalists were Michael Culligan, Mike Tetreault, and Colin Hartnett. Anyone hear if they managed to hire someone this time?

Posts: 234 | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Mike Tetreault! Just heard he was offered a trial with the orchestra.

Heavyweight Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkperc:
Congrats to Mike Tetreault! Just heard he was offered a trial with the orchestra.

After reading that Boston Magazine story that went viral a couple of years ago, I'm totally rooting for this guy.

Posts: 53 | Registered: February 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublebass:
After reading that Boston Magazine story that went viral a couple of years ago, I'm totally rooting for this guy.

Me too. I really hope this job works out for him.

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any update on the results of his trial?

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I heard that Mike's trial was successful and that he has now joined the orchestra as Assistant Timpani/Section Percussion. He's mentioned in this post on the Zildjian website, which pretty much confirms it ...

http://zildjian.com/News-Event...-Academy-2014-Awards

Congrats to Mike!

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I have heard first hand that the trial was unsuccessful and he will not be joining the orchestra. It is a huge loss for them.

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I believe this was the third time around for this audition, with the previous two also ending as no-hires. Remembering that they hold a Canadian-only audition and an International audition each time, this would technically be the 6th audition for this position in the last few years... Can anyone confirm that?

Makes me wonder if they're really planning to hire someone. Maybe there's something in their CBA that requires them to hold auditions for open positions, even if they don't want to fill them or can't fill them for some reason? Anyone have other info/thoughts on this?